« Recipes Home
New Orleans Crab Spread
- 1 pound backfin crab meat
- ¼ cup tarragon vinegar
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons chopped pimiento
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon drained capers
- assorted chips, crackers or raw vegetables
Remove shell or cartilage from crab meat. Flake the crab meat. Pour vinegar over crab meat. Chill for 30 minutes. Drain.
Add mayonnaise, pimiento, onion, salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly.
Garnish with capers. Serve with chips, crackers or vegetables.